10 SS Panzer Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7/14/11 .AAR

Go down

7/14/11 .AAR Empty 7/14/11 .AAR

Post  Lorenz Georg Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:38 pm

25. Panzergrenadier-Division

7/14/11

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bagnoles-de-l'Orne, France

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belligerents:

- 25. Panzergrenadier-Division, 1. Gruppe "Luchs"

versus

- 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, Company "C"

Objectives: German forces tasked with the defense of Bagnoles-de-l'Orne (Codenamed: Raids) in the Normandie area. 1. Gruppe "Luchs" to split and defend the town Church and defend the village house on the right flank. American paratroopers were expected to attack from the trenches area.

---

Combat Report

---

We set up immediately. Georg led his men to the Church, and I led my men to the right flank house. I immediately noticed mortar fire on our flank, which grew ever closer. The Americans deployed smoke at each objective as they moved up to the area directly across the river and occupied the buildings there. They positioned in the windows opposite us and laid suppressing fire on both my position and on Georg's. I was killed shortly after the firefight began.

Schütze Peter Stotz then kept sustained fire on enemy infantry on the right flank. He was then shot from his window. His Maschinengewehr 42 was then taken up by Nikolaus Kreutz. Meanwhile, on the left flank, Klaus Stamper was killed by enemy bazooka fire after being ordered to surveil and fire on any infantry visible from the Church Tower. Both sides were assaulted directly shortly after, and all remaining 25. soldiers were killed in the ensuing close quarters combat.

Casualties - Taken: Full casualties sustained.

Inflicted: 3 confirmed enemy kills, including an enemy anti-tank soldier.

Attendance

In attendance: - Uffz. Alois Hertz

- Obgf. Lorenz Georg

- Pzogren. Knud Madsen

- Pzogren. Gustav Winkler

- Pzgren. Nikolaus Kreutz

- Pzgren. Peter Stotz

- Pzgren. Klaus Stamper

Not In attendance: All absentees alerted me in advance.

- Signed:

Alois Hertz

Lorenz Georg
Lorenz Georg
Lorenz Georg
SS Scharführer
SS Scharführer

http://soundcloud.com/deutschbag

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum